OUR LADY OF LOURDES
We would very much like to welcome you to our thriving multicultural parish with more than 30 nationalities in a weekly mass attendance of around 400.
Our church is centred in the Lee area but also serves parts of Hither Green, Grove Park, Eltham and Blackheath and is a part of the Lewisham Deanery. Our church is also used once a month for a Nigerian Edo Mass and ad hoc parish celebrations and events such as regular concerts.
The adjacent Parish Hall is used most days by toddler groups, uniform organisations, regualar coffee mornings, sacramental preparation programmes and social events
We have a very successful primary school in the Parish, which many of our younger children attend– St Winifred's. There are great links between Parish and the school with shared liturgies, events and facilities.
OUR CHURCH BUILDING
Our Lady of Lourdes, originally dedicated to St Winifred, is a church of 1939 in the Early Christian style, designed by an architect member of the congregation. The tower has landmark value and the church makes a positive contribution to the district of Lee. Within the bright and impressive interior, the sanctuary furniture is of particular note, especially the baldacchino.
A more detailed description and history of the church can be found on the Taking Stock- Catholic Churches of England and Wales site, maintained by the Bishops Conference.